Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wow, I didn't expect that one....

Today I purposefully stopped home for my laptop thinking that I might have time to write my soldier. I didn't. Instead, I received an email from my daughter's teacher asking for parental intervention. I wasn't blind sided by Emily's issue, but as I obediently typed out a reply to her request I prayed for more wisdom. As the teacher had explained the situation at school, I enlightened the teacher about what has and is happening at the homefront and promised to take some time with Emily to address it. I told her I would respond further tomorrow sometime.

What I didn't expect was the quick reply of thanks from her. She said she had prayed for me and did realize the "stress" I might be experiencing (this is a Christian school so this wasn't the surprise). She also told me her own son was leaving for military active duty for a year's time tomorrow and she was experiencing fierce stomach aches.

The Holy Spirit activated my fingers and I typed back a Mom to Mom reply. I shared the WORD with her of "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he WILL NOT depart from it". Then I encouraged her to take the power and authority in Jesus Christ and pray the covering of the Blood of Jesus over her son and what he is required to do -- Amen.

Simple - but deep - I wept at her reply saying - thanks again for the reminder - she said, as old as I am I should remember this but didn't. God is Good and All the PRAISE goes to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment